Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I.Am.A.Photographer

Aren't you? I love to take pictures, and I love to share them. I remember the first camera - a Christmas gift, I was in junior high, it was a Fuji Panoramic camera. It took special (ie. EXPENSIVE) film, but I loved it anyway. It took really wide angle shots, though in junior high I didn't appreciate this feature. I had this camera for probably close to ten years. I lost it (or rather I blame my then boyfriend/now husband, Jason, for losing it) on a camping trip. It was probably a year or two before I replaced this camera, and by that time digital was all the rage and coming down in price. I remember Jason balking at the price I paid for my Canon Powershot A520. It was over $500 with the memory card and accessories. You can buy it used on Ebay for 20 bucks today. It wasn't until a few years later that Jason finally admitted that it was a good investment. I still have this camera and use it for its video function once in a while. The camera I use most of the time now I received as a Christmas gift in 2009. It is a Canon Rebel XS. It is an entry level DSLR and I love it! Would I like to upgrade? Heck yes! But it's just not practical at the moment - someday though...someday!  For Christmas this year I got 2 new lenses for my camera and I am having so much fun with them. One is a portrait lens (Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II) and the other is a zoom lens (EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III).

Sooooo, as I was saying in my title, I am a photographer. Don't get me wrong, I am not a professional photographer, nor a trained photographer. I am instead a creative, fun, play with shots, make you smile kind of photographer. I love to take pictures of all kinds of different things, but mostly these days I can be found shoving my camera lens in my little girl's face. As an infant she likely didn't recognize my face without my extra shiny black flashing 'eye.' I have also started playing around with some photo editing and am having lots of fun learning how I can enhance my shots :) Take a minute to check out some of my 'work' (sounds professional eh?), and let me know what you think! And after you have - pick up your camera (or cellphone) and go be a PHOTOGRAPHER too!



 (Lucy doesn't use a soother, she was always a thumb girl. But she was very interested in the soother she dug out of the bottom of her diaper bag from when she was an infant!)
 


Had to throw in a cat picture so you don't think Lucy is the ONLY thing I take pictures of!



No comments:

Post a Comment