Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is fast approaching so I had to get my act together and get some cards made to send to the grandmothers. Jason's mother had requested some art with Lucy's footprints a while back after seeing a footprint butterfly on pinterest. So I figured now would be a good time to try it out. 
I would have liked to get some pictures of us actually making the prints with Lucy but with paint and feet involved I thought it best to just get it done. I had Jason help me with the project and we made sure it coincided with bath night (it also coincided with pizza night too because it generally requires a scrub down too!) I set out my supplies: washable paint (I use Crayola because I LOVE everything Crayola), white paper, paper towel (have a few already damp for quick clean-up). I had Jason hold Lucy on his lap and we tackled one foot at a time. I applied the paint with my finger, doing part of her foot purple and the other part pink. Then rather than have her step on the paper I set the paper on a book and pressed it against her foot as Jason held it out. I made four prints, so I reapplied paint after the second stamping. I cleaned her foot and did the same for the other foot. To make the feet look more like the wings of a butterfly I reversed them, so right foot on left side of paper and vice versa.  Using a permanent marker I drew in the body and face - I love how they turned out!





I will attach the prints to a coordinating cardstock card, write a cute message and have Lucy sign them (I think she may become a doctor when she grows up - her signature is illegible!)

Are you doing any great crafts for Mother's Day? I would love to hear about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment